The general purpose of this organization is:
Primary emphasis on assisting law enforcement, corporate investigators, and prosecutors with the identification, investigation, and prosecution of those persons involved in organized crime in general, and Organized Retail Crime (ORC) in particular.
Specific purposes of this organization include, but are not limited, to:
- Sustaining a coalition of civilian and sworn law enforcement, corporate investigators from the retail and financial sectors, and criminal prosecutors by providing a unified web-based platform for ORC information and intelligence-sharing (www.TCORCA.org);
- Facilitating regional ORC-specific meetings, conferences, networking, and collaboration;
- Educating the general public on organized crime issues, to include victim prevention, response, and awareness.
- Supporting law enforcement, corporate investigators, crime analysts, crime prevention professionals, and prosecutors by providing continuing education through multi-channel training in order to make our communities and businesses a safer place for all;
- and to conduct any other business that is lawfully allowed of a corporation in this state under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.